How does Bellevue Law help clients resolve their disputes?
Our commercial disputes lawyers are all highly experienced litigators with backgrounds in magic circle and international law firms. Clients trust us to provide strategic, creative and practical advice on resolving disputes via litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. Our boutique approach allows us to offer an exceptionally personalised, flexible and cost-effective service and we work with tried-and-trusted specialist service providers to ensure the logistical side of every case runs smoothly.
We provide clear advice on the merits of a case from the outset, discussing the pros and cons of the various options available and the stages and likely timescales of the process. We take a proactive approach to costs management: our business model enables us to offer great value and we provide comprehensive costs information from the outset of a matter. Our advice is always pragmatic, with clients’ overall commercial interests at heart.
We regularly represent clients in disputes in both the English Courts and international arbitration, and have achieved results for our clients on a wide range of legal disputes ranging in value from thousands of pounds to multi-million pound disputes.
"You were flawless, thoughtful, sensitive and very careful with your expenditure of time and resources. I will make a point of suggesting you to my partners and colleagues for our future needs."
In our recent client survey clients rated us, on average, 9.6/10 when asked how likely they were to recommend us to a friend or colleague.
Who instructs Bellevue Law?
Our clients include professionals, privately owned businesses, their founders and shareholders and high net worth individuals.
We represent major international businesses in complex high value disputes, including recent international arbitration proceedings concerning multi-million pound construction disputes.
We also regularly act for household name businesses, referred to us by international firms for medium-sized disputes where their clients require high quality but cost-effective advice.
As a boutique firm, we are unlikely to be prevented by conflicts from acting in particular disputes.
What kinds of disputes does Bellevue Law act on?
We handle a broad range of commercial disputes.
We regularly advise clients on high value and complex technical disputes. Recent matters have included advising on actual and potential High Court injunctions relating to jurisdiction disputes, allegations of breach of restrictive covenants and freezing orders. We also have extensive recent experience of representing parties in arbitrations concerning high value construction disputes.
We are often asked to advise in disputes between business partners and with an employment aspect, such as where a former employee is said to have breached restrictive covenants or confidentiality obligations.
We also regularly represent clients in breach of contract claims of all values. Recent examples include representing a developer in a dispute with its security provider, an IT company in pursuing a series of unpaid invoices and a consumer products company in a dispute with a recruitment agency. Clients trust us to handle these disputes practically and cost-effectively.
"Consistently insightful and incisive – the team has provided excellent advice as well as a full range of options on approach throughout our relationship."
Some recent examples of Bellevue Law’s disputes work:
- Representing the claimant in the international arbitration of a multi-million Euro construction dispute – the matter concluded in a favourable settlement for our client.
- Achieving a substantial payment for our client in a complex shareholder dispute concerning one of the UK’s fastest-growing start-ups.
- Advising the successful party in an arbitration of a partnership dispute on enforcement of the award in the context of the liquidation of the unsuccessful party.
- Advising and representing a creditor in the high-profile Julie Meyer case.
- Representing the claimant lender in High Court proceedings for the recovery of a loan of almost £1 million, involving issues of jurisdiction, asset tracing and insolvency.
- Representing an employer in a claim for injunctive relief and damages for breach of restrictive covenants and obligations of confidentiality against former employees.
- Acting for the defendant company in a claim for passing off and copyright infringement in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court and the successful mediation of the dispute.
- Acting for the respondent in property rights dispute culminating in a three-day hearing under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules.
- Regularly advising clients in disputes with business partners.
- Regularly acting for multinational and private businesses in commercial disputes concerning allegations of breach of contract including professional and construction services and luxury goods and services.
- Advising an individual client on the terms and effect of a multi-million pound worldwide freezing order.
"I would like to thank you and say how much I appreciated your excellent work on our dispute. We achieved a settlement which, I fully appreciate, was very much in our favour."