Our approach to disputes is simple: we help clients achieve a swift and fair commercial resolution, avoiding lengthy and expensive court proceedings if possible, while being ready to fight in court if necessary.
We will advise you clearly of the merits of your case from the outset, and discuss the pros and cons of the various options available and the stages and likely timescales of the process. Our legal strategy will always be driven by your commercial objectives.
We advise on a wide range of legal disputes and have represented clients in claims ranging from a few hundred to several million pounds, and in courts ranging from County Courts to appellate courts as well as arbitration tribunals. We are also experienced in, and can advise and represent you in, effective and cost-effective alternative methods of dispute resolution, such as mediation.
Our clients range from individuals to multinational corporations, and recent disputes on which our lawyers have advised include:
- Representing the claimant lender in High Court proceedings for the recovery of a loan of almost £1 million. The matter involved issues of jurisdiction, asset tracing and insolvency
- Acting for the defendant company in a claim for passing off and copyright infringement in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court and the successful mediation of the dispute
- Representing the claimant in the international arbitration of a multi-million Euro construction dispute
- Acting for the respondent in property rights dispute culminating in a 3-day hearing under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules
- Advising and representing numerous clients in disputes with former business partners, including shareholder, partnership and share options disputes
- Advising the directors of a company on their rights and obligations under personal guarantees provided to the company’s lender and negotiating terms of settlement of the lender’s claims against them
- Advising a luxury services provider on the successful settlement of a dispute with clients
- Advising an individual client on the terms and effect of a multi-million pound worldwide freezing order
- Advising a multinational company on successful negotiations for the recovery of funds held in escrow
- Acting for a legal services provider in a claim for payment of unpaid fees, resulting in 100% recovery
- Acting for a multinational company in its defence of a contractual arbitration claim brought by a supplier
- Acting for a retail business in a franchise dispute, culminating in successful settlement of the claim via mediation
- Acting for numerous claimants and defendants in disputes as to the quality of goods and services provided, including professional and construction services and luxury goods and services
"I would like to thank you and say how much I appreciated your excellent work on our dispute. We achieved a settlement which, I fully appreciate, was very much in our favour."